If you don’t like to have your heating or water heater on whilst you’re away, the Away mode is the simplest and easiest way to maintain a low temperature across all rooms without a need to turn the heating off completely. This feature allows you to save money and energy when you are not at home, and moreover, it will continue to protect your pipes from freezing.
Away mode can be applied to both your heating and hot water or you can decide which part of your system to put into Away mode.
To access the Away mode screen, tap on the app's main [ Menu ] from the Live screen, this opens the app's main menu options. Then tap on the [ Away mode ] option that brings you to the settings screen for Away mode.
From this screen, you will be able to put your home into Away mode. By simply toggling the buttons either for heating or hot water you can decide which part of your home will be set to Away mode.
Remember that Away mode for heating puts all zones and groups that contain at least one heating zone into the Standby mode, whilst Away mode for hot water turns the water heater off completely.
Once you make changes to this screen the [ Save ] button appears. By tapping on it, you turn on Away mode.
To switch your system back on you just need to toggle the buttons to the off state and tap again on the [ Save ] button to apply the changes.
- Why are ad hocs for my hot water or heating disabled? - If your heating or hot water is in Away mode it means that the system doesn't follow any schedule. Therefore adding ad hocs won't be possible. To add ad hocs you first need to switch off Away mode.
- Can I override the Away mode? Yes, you can override the Away mode by pressing the button on your In-line Switch or Underfloor Heating Controller for 6-8 seconds. The device will then ignore Away mode and be controlled using its own built-in controls
- Does my hot water follow a normal schedule even if my heating is in Away mode? Yes, if you turn on Away mode for your heating, hot water will follow its current schedule.
- Does my heating follow a normal schedule if my hot water is in Away mode? Yes, if you turn on Away mode for your hot water, heating will follow its current schedule.
- Can I access the configuration screens whilst Away mode is active? No, you are not able to access the configuration screens while part or all of your system is in Away mode. To change your configuration simply turn off Away mode and you will be able to access the configuration screens. Once you have made your changes simply re-enable Away mode.
- Can I make changes to my setpoints when Away mode is on? Yes, you can make changes to your setpoints however changes will only apply once the Away mode is turned off.
- Can I make changes to my schedule when Away mode is on? Yes, you can make changes to your schedule however changes will only apply once the Away mode is turned off.