A great way to save energy is to turn off your heating and/or hot water whilst you’re out of the house. The Away mode function is the simplest and safest way to maintain a low temperature across all rooms without a need to turn the heating off completely.
Away mode allows you to conveniently save money and not unnecessarily heat your home while you're out, and moreover, it will continue to protect your pipes from freezing.
Away mode can be applied to both your heating and hot water or you can decide which part of your system to put into Away mode.
Activating Away Mode:
To put your system into away mode, select the "More" menu, by pressing the three dots in the bottom right of your screen.
At the top of the "More" menu, you will find "Away mode". Select this and you will be presented with the following screen:
From this screen, you will be able to put your home into Away mode. By simply toggling the buttons either for heating or hot water you can decide which part of your home will be set to Away mode.
Once you make changes to this screen the [ Save Changes ] button appears. By tapping on it, you turn on Away mode. Please be aware that Away mode will remain in place until you go back and revert the settings.
- Why am I unable to make changes to my temperature using the dial? - You will not be able to adjust your heating while in away mode, please turn it off before making any changes.
- Does my hot water follow a normal schedule even if my heating is in Away mode? Yes, if you turn on Away mode for your heating only, hot water will follow its current schedule.
- Does my heating follow a normal schedule if my hot water is in Away mode? Yes, if you turn on Away mode for your hot water, heating will follow its current schedule.
- Can I access the configuration screens whilst Away mode is active? No, you are not able to access the configuration screens while part or all of your system is in Away mode. To change your configuration simply turn off Away mode and you will be able to access the configuration screens. Once you have made your changes simply re-enable Away mode.
- Can I make changes to my setpoints when Away mode is on? Yes, you can make changes to your setpoints however changes will only apply once the Away mode is turned off.
- Can I make changes to my schedule when Away mode is on? Yes, you can make changes to your schedule however changes will only apply once the Away mode is turned off.