The LED used on the SILS has 3 colour states: Amber, Green and Red. It also has a fourth state which is Off (no colour). There are 6 user cases for the SILS and each one has its own unique colour state or sequence.
Out of the box pairing (auto)
- When the user powers up their devices from new (out of the box setup: hub, display, switch) the LED alternates between Amber and Green
- If the SILS pairs with the Cosy system within the 30 seconds it will blink Green rapidly (similar to the behaviour of the hub's pairing LED) then turns Red, indicating that the SILS is now paired and ready in the safe mode (Relay Open)
- If, after 30 seconds, the SILS still has not paired, the LED will blink Amber and pairing will no longer be attempted automatically.
Manual pairing of the switch
- If the user attempts manual pairing when the SILS is not currently paired, the LED is blinking Amber
- The user then presses the button on the SILS for 3 seconds upon which the LED blinks Amber/Green for 30 seconds
- If the SILS pairs with the Cosy system within the 30 seconds it will blink Green rapidly for 30 secs (similar to the behaviour of the hub's pairing LED) then turns Red, indicating that the SILS is now paired and ready in the safe mode (Relay Open).
Scheduled on/off (auto)
- When the schedule changes the state of the SILS from on or off, the colour of the LED changes to indicate the state that it's currently in.
- The user can at any time turn the SILS on or off which a quick press of the button on the SILS itself. The state of the SILS will automatically revert to the that of the users choice based upon the schedule and remain so until such time the user wishes to change it again with another button press.
Override the switch
- When a user puts their SILS into Override mode, they can't control it via their app or by the quick button press - it's control reverts back to the original users controller until such time that the user presses the button for 6 seconds again to revert the SILS to being under control of the schedule/manual use again
- By pressing the switch on the SILS for 6 seconds, the user can override the SILS and the LED will change to Amber. The SILS will remain in override mode until such time that the user presses the switch for 6 seconds again. In doing so, the SILS reverts to being controlled by the schedules and will turn either red or green, depending in the current state in the schedules
- If the user causes the SILS to go into manual pairing mode by not pressing for the full 6 seconds (Amber and Green alternate) they can Quick press the button to stop the pairing process and the SILS returns to it's current state
- In override mode the switch should be closed.
No power to the switch
- The LED will not be lit if there is no power to the SILS.
Over current trips the switch
- If an over current trips the switch, it will blink red continuously or until such time that the user has performed a power cycle for the SILS.